Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thoughts from the virtuous? (Ahem...virtue-less)

How many times have we heard the phrase "Patience is a virtue"? Or "Never pray for patience or G-d will give you a reason to be patient"? Sometimes I wonder if patience is a virtue that I actually possess. In my line of work, patience is a must. However, today is one of those days where I'm feeling a little low in the patience department and I'm too afraid to ask G-d for patience. Haha! It's silly, but true. I have too deeply embedded in me the fear that if I ask, He will do exactly what people say and give me a reason. Truth be told, I'm considering taking an Elton John musical vacation in my head. Bumping Rocket Man and Benny and the Jets so loud in my car that my face melts off. Somehow I don't think that will solve my problem. So here goes. Time to bite the bullet. Dear G-d please help me have patience today. I seem to be slightly "patience" deficient and I can't do this without you. Thanks again HaShem.

No comments: