Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Truth About Me....

There is a lot that can be said about me. Some positive, some negative. However, there is one thing that you all must never forget. I know who I am. I know every detail about myself. Even the bad stuff. I pride myself in my loyalty and my honesty. That's one thing you can always be sure of with me. I will always tell you the truth. I'm not a liar. Contrary to a certain person's belief, I am not self centered. I am not self seeking or self gratifying, or self serving. I'm sorry that you have conjured up this idea of me. Maybe you never really knew who I was. That is your problem. It seems that lately people have it twisted. They seem to think that they know who I am. They take what other people say about me and create a sense of "knowing" about who I really am. These people are mistaken. They do not know me. They do not know my heart. They do not know what gets me out of bed every morning and the last thought that is on my mind before I go to bed. They do not know what makes me laugh, or what makes me cry. They breed distortion and lies. They spread them like truth and allow them to poison my image. I'm tired. I'm tired of running from these lies. I'm tired of feeling small around them. For once I'm taking a stand. For once I'm defending myself. If you don't know me...don't say anything about me. If you think you know me, then you'll know that I love my friends, that I'm loyal. that I'll cut anyone who has anything bad to say about them. You'll know that I would give everything I own to save someone, that I always try to put others first before myself. You'll know that I love Jesus more than anything, and that I feel a strong calling on my heart and my life to care for His people. You'll also know that I am stubborn, and aggressive, and that I get frustrated when I can't save someone, I get attached easily and that's done nothing, but break my heart. If you want to know me....then ask. I'm working on being more trusting. I just might let you in.

No comments: