Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stay...A Letter to My Beloved

Beloved,

Stay...
I sit here so filled with emotions that I don't know where to begin.  I guess I can start with this...I love you.  I love your smile, I love your eyes...the way they pull tight when you laugh.  I love your heart...it's always so willing to give.  I don't know what I'm going to do here...without you.  My heart feels the loss of you.  So great and deep....it's become all consuming.  I'll smile if you need me to.  I'd do anything for you...but know that I will feel incomplete when you leave.  I asked you..."what about me?"  You seem to think that you're easy to replace.  My beloved...you are not.  There's only ever been you.  How do I train my heart not to ache for you?  How do I convince my fingers not to reach for you?  How do I tell my mind to stop thinking on you?  How?  The heart is a very deceitful thing...it does what it wants.  It does not listen to my pleas.  It does not wish to give me peace.  It knows what it wants.  It wants you.  Please....please....please....stay....please stay.  

please....

Forever yours,

*J

No comments: