Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've Been Thinking...

I know...uh oh!

You know what I've learned through being a Christian my whole life and having a lot of friends that are either Gay or struggle with homosexuality, is that we as self proclaimed followers of Christ have dropped the ball where these people are concerned. We haven't done our part to show God's love, but we're quick to point our fingers and pick out the fault in other people. We love ourselves more than we love others. Here's a reality check for all of us Jesus lovers out there....God is love. He loves them too. Instead of fighting them all the time and constantly reminding them that they don't measure up to our standards, which they were never meant to...we should be loving them and showing them that not all Christians are hateful people who want to send them to hell...I'm not saying that you believe this. Mind you, I'm speaking from experience. I feel very fortunate that God has blessed me with the ability to love people that are different than me. And the ability to speak the truth to them through loving and listening to them. With patience, and understanding comes respect. As for the issue of racism in comparison to homosexuality...it is not the same in the obvious ways. However, they are both classified under the Cultural Theory, as they are both cultural issues. Homosexuality is a current part of our culture. Just as Feminism is. The common factor that I see in both Racism and Homosexuality is the level of hate expressed. The hate that caused people to hang black people back in the day is the same hate that caused people to murder gays. They're both wrong. That is the bottom line. I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle, but I do wish that we could all love each other a little more, no matter what we believe.

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

No comments: